Saturday, October 20, 2018

Mom Blurbs Day 5



Day 5: Down Days

Not much joyful chaos today. I don’t mind. Slow days are good, even when they aren’t really good days.

So, today wasn’t very eventful. I spent most of the day in my bed, doing school work, and doing some laundry here and there as well. I didn’t get much done in the house otherwise, and honestly, today, I don’t really care.

This is one of the “down days” of anxiety disorder. My stress is high, my motivation is low. It happens now and then, and some days are harder to deal with than others. Today wasn’t so bad. I had plenty of school work to get done, so staying in my bed, zero energy, leg and back pain, and pure exhaustion weren’t too hard to deal with today.

The class that I am currently taking is Object Oriented Programming, and so far, it’s fun! I enjoy programming and the mental capacity that it takes to perform the tasks. It’s a challenge for me, and I enjoy a good challenge.

Today, the kids went to Fort Massac State Park in Metropolis and enjoyed the educational day at the Encampment. The Encampment is a French and Indian War reenactment at our local State Park. All the area schools take classes there for a field trip. The kids get to watch “Mother Goose” tell stories, enjoy the magician and juggler, and make some small purchases from the vendor stands that are scattered throughout the park.

Tomorrow, the real encampment events begin. I plan to take the boys and enjoy a day at the park, but I’m a little concerned because of my anxiety day today. It could go well, or it could be a total disaster. 

I hope for the best…

The boys are completely worn out tonight. Everyone is already asleep, and I am thinking I may close my computer and do the same. A day at the park, with all their friends, did them some good!

I’m gonna cross my fingers that I get to do some grocery shopping tomorrow as well. Mama need some food, baby!! 😊

Even on the down days, find something to smile about… even if it is just a picture, a short video on Facebook, or watching your kids do something silly at the end of the day. And enjoy the little things!



1 comment:

  1. You'll be ok. I am headed there as well. Pat S and Kim is dressed up someplace too..

    ReplyDelete