Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Mom Blurbs Day 2


My Joyfully Chaotic Life Day 2: Who let the dogs out?!

So, my little, country house has a closed-in porch (breezeway). I have yet to secure a trash company to take my trash every week, so I put the bags out there now and then until I can dispose of them properly. The other day the door to the outside was left open…

I have 2 German Shepherds, and a stray beagle who decided to make my house his new home. Between the three canine companions of my family, the beagle is the chew-happy creature! And when I say “Chew Happy” I mean we find items of EVERY kind all over my yard, my grandparent’s yard (they live next door), and into the dirt road in front of our houses. Clothes, toys, trash, food, pieces of outdoor equipment, pillows, blankets, shoes, dishes, yard tools, you name it and it’s been dragged from the garage or porch to kingdom come!

Back to the present day:

I opened my back door to the breezeway, yesterday, and was smacked in the face by a wall of STINK!! Now, allow me to say this first, I had a rough morning yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night to a barfing child. I sent one to school who was sick and never bothered to tell me until he got home yesterday afternoon. Somehow, I slept through that one. I was up all morning, sanitizing, cleaning, scrubbing, and burning all my sinus cavities with bleach, Lysol, and Pine Sol chemicals! 

When I opened that door, I realized quickly that my nose still worked… as well as my gag reflex!

My washer and dryer are in that breezeway. I had blankets and towels affected by the sickness that needed to be washed. Before the dogs got into the breezeway I had started the first load of blankets. I opened that door to change the laundry, stink wall smacks me, I jump back and slam the door shut, reach for my Scentsy Room Spray, and (even though it is recommended one spritz per room) began to spray that thing like a madwoman. I was a mad woman! I was spraying and shouting, “For. The. Love. Of. All. That. Is. Holy! What in HADES was THAT?!”

Now, for those who know me, I am sure you can already visualize Becca jumping around like she had been stung by a bee, spraying this little bottle of vanilla spray all over like it was wasp spray going for the yellow jacket in the air. After it was over, I saw it in my mind and giggled.

Good news, though. I didn’t throw up! Yay me! I did my stink dance, got the dogs into their kennels, and continued my angry cleaning mode.

Today:

These 4-legged monsters of mine have tested and tried the patience of Becca to the very limit I have! They barked and played LOUDLY all night. I let them outside to burn some of their energy twice in the night, and again as soon as the kids got on their buses this morning to go to school. They’ve spent more time outdoors in the past 24 hours than I have ever made them go before.

Am I mad? Nah… Mama just be tired. I didn’t have the energy to argue with dogs about who went were, and they all ended up in the same kennel together multiple times today. Hey, that’s what they wanted, so that’s what they got today. It’s a large kennel, QUITE large, in fact. But, I swear… if I have to hear the song of the canine tonight as I did last night, there will be 3 pups who find themselves in a brand-new doghouse BEHIND my house come this time tomorrow! I will go get a shed, some fencing, and create a happy home for the three of them to enjoy, outside of my earshot! Haha!

On a positive note, the 2-legged children are all healthy and happy today. They slept well last night. Everyone had a decent day at school today. They enjoyed supper this evening (chicken soup- day 2). And I get to spend my evening folding these 6 baskets of laundry before the bedtime battle begins tonight.

Oh, and thanks to the care and assistance of an amazing person, my breezeway will also be cleaned tonight, and I’ll be able to return to my laundry that has yet to be completed.

Celebrate the little things! #Hugs



No comments:

Post a Comment