Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Day 7: The UGH Factor



One of the reasons I am pushing myself to do this daily blog challenge is screaming loud and clear at me this weekend! The “Ugh” factor! Those days when you feel like life is kicking you in the derriere and you run out of whatever fight you had all week long.

Parents look forward to Monday, simply because it means the kids go back to school (sorry Home-school parents), or they go back to work. Just the thought of closing the previous week AND weekend, and starting a new week over sounds amazing, and they are willing to put the kids to bed at 6pm Sunday night to get that much closer to Monday!

Oh… that was ME this weekend… oops. Haha. My bad.

Saturday night was fine. Totally fine! Levi’s best friend spent the night and the boys had a blast! When he left Sunday, I told all of the boys that they were free to do it again the following weekend if it was okay with his family. It was a good time!

Sunday was good as well. The boys had a blast in the warm weather, playing inside and outside, being boys! It was great! My grandmother told the kids to grab me up and tell me that she was serving everyone lunch at her house that afternoon, so I was able to take a break from my work and school assignment and enjoy a meal I hadn’t cooked for once. But, I did help her clean it all up. 😊

Enter Sunday night…

I HAD to get to the grocery store if it is the last thing I do on this earth! We were OUT of so many things I was out of options to make up for what we were out of! Kenny saw to it that I made it to the store with his car before he disappeared for 36 hours to save the world again. I am happy that happened! My kids got food (some of which they inhaled hours after it showed up on the pantry shelf), I got food, and everyone was able to function for at least one, full day.

Bedtime:

Micah struggled. He struggled some during the day, too. He was feeling off his normal balance emotionally, and we had to handle accordingly. His day was a little roller coaster ride, to say the least. He didn’t get to sleep as well as I had hoped he would, and I was afraid that Monday was going to be BAD! But Monday is another blog post. 😉

So, in all the stress and tension, I found some joy in the little things such as a bag of chips (yes, chips!), a soda (again… yep!), and the sweet memories of my children and I sitting around my grandparent’s table for lunch Sunday afternoon. Grandma made her SPECIAL recipe, Tamale Pie, and it was an epic hit with all my boys! They called it Chili Pie, and literally asked for THIRD helpings! The joys of the little things. My boys had conversations with the grandparents, and my grandpa laughed so hard, a few times, I thought he was going to fall out of his chair! Those moments… those are the moments I live for.

At the end of the day the boys and I had full bellies, and were settled in our beds, ready to officially close this week’s chapter of our lives. More than ready!

Here’s to hoping that Monday will be… not so Monday! Yeah… in my joyfully, chaotic life, we KNOW different, don’t we?! Just buckle up, and get ready for the Monday blog! *sleepy, silly grin*

#Hugs !



No comments:

Post a Comment