Thursday, October 18, 2018

Mom Blurbs Day 3



Day 3: MICE!

Greetings on day three from my joyfully chaotic life!

Yesterday was a good day. I got a lot of things done, finally! Laundry is continued, the breezeway and garage are BOTH cleaned and smell normal again, and my living room, dining room, and kitchen are all looking and smelling normal again as well.

However…

There are mice in my house… … …

We have counted two, so far. They hang together, run together, and completely outsmart ALL of my traps together! We have used sticky traps, snap traps, you name it, you name the bait, we have used them all! I’ve tested the sensitivity of the traps, and the stickiness of the glue traps, and they are all, quite capable of trapping these little, squeaky ninjas! But, ninjas they are! Bait has been eaten off the traps, and the traps have never gone off. The glue traps have been MOVED by the creatures, and still no mice caught on them! How?!

Now, I am aware that my county is popular for field mice, in and around people’s houses. But, I draw the line when they are just scampering around my home, no fear of being seen or almost stepped on, and just do their thing like this is their house, and not mine!

I will win, little mice… I. Will. Win.


On another note, Micah is going back to school full days again, as of yesterday. He’s not happy about the arrangement, but it is time to get him into the routine and see how it goes. He still has to see a Psychiatrist, but we are waiting on that referral to go through. So far, mornings are the greatest struggle. As the day continues, Micah improves. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we start having better mornings soon. Day 3 was rough. He missed the bus and was late to school. He threw a little fit about going, and again after he arrived at the school, but the day got a little better as it went on. I get emails from his teacher frequently, and she’s great about keeping in touch about his progress.
I will admit to my bad mom days, though. I’m supposed to keep up with all his work he missed during his half-day routine, and I let it slip a little too often. Given the level of stress, anxiety, and “headless chicken” running I do, it’s understandable. But, I’m making strides to be better at keeping up with his work. Baby steps…

As of the rest of the clan, Titus enjoyed a GIANT bowl of cereal for a pre-supper snack, Levi went frog hunting and brought a new friend into the house to meet everyone, and everyone has had a complete supper every night this week, full, main course with at least 2 sides. Booyah!






As for myself… I am off to catch some mice… or try to at least.

Remember, enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment